One cannot deny that Chrome OS gives outdated machines a new lease on life, even though it is undoubtedly not as feature-rich as Windows 10. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that Chrome OS is superior to Windows 10 for general users because of its incredible performance and battery life. You can actually run Android and Linux apps on your PC thanks to Play Store support. What a cool thing!
As a result, we provide you with a thorough tutorial in this article on how to instal Chrome OS on a PC that supports the Play Store. Additionally, you can access Linux GUI apps on your PC, which is another benefit. With that said, let’s move on to learning how to instal Chrome OS on a computer with support for the Google Play Store.
RDL Today Results 22-04-2021
Let’s finish up the prerequisites and downloads before we begin our tutorial. The setup will go smoothly once you fulfil all the requirements and download the necessary files. To switch between the various menus, simply click on the links below.
Download the Linux Mint Cinnamon image first. Although you can use other Linux distributions like Ubuntu or Debian, I’m choosing Linux Mint in this lesson because it is quite lightweight.
2. After that, get Rufus (Free) to flash Linux Mint Cinnamon onto the USB drive.
3. Next, get the official Chrome OS recovery image by clicking here. You can get the image from here if the link above is down. Enter “rammus” into the search bar of the webpage. To download the most recent recovery image, do so now (right now it s 87, but it may change in the future). Rammus is here recommended since it runs on current Intel processors. However, you should adhere to the following guideline and download the appropriate image for your CPU.
4. Now download Brunch, which is the most crucial file. A big thank you to developer Sebanc for creating the framework that allowed for the completion of this project. The framework produces a universal Chrome OS image that can be installed on any Windows PC from the official recovery image. Click here to download the file, then select Assets after finding the most recent stable build. Download the tar.gz file at this time.
5. Download the install.sh script, which magically instals Chrome OS without requiring you to explicitly type commands, to complete the process. Kedar Nimbalkar has authored the script. Click here and then press Ctrl + S to save the file and download it. You can use this alternate link to obtain the install.sh script if the preceding site is down.
After finishing the downloads, let’s go on to the steps, shall we?
I want to quickly go over how to instal Chrome OS on PC with Play Store support before moving on to the installation procedures. In order to instal Chrome OS on our PC, we must first boot Linux Mint from the USB device on our Windows machine. After that, we can run the script. Remember that your hard drive will be fully erased throughout this operation, including any personal data and folders. So before you move on, make a backup. Let’s get to the steps now that that is over.
1. Start Rufus and connect your USB flash drive. Next, select the Linux Mint Cinnamon image by clicking the Select button. Now simply click Start. You’ll see a couple prompts; select Yes or OK to keep the flashing going.
2. Close it after Rufus has finished blinking. On your desktop, make a folder called Chrome OS. The install.sh file should be moved to the Chrome OS folder.
3. Select Extract to Brunch by performing a right-click on the Brunch file. The extracted files will all be placed in a desktop folder.
How to Check Today RDL Results 2021
4. Transfer all of the extracted Brunch files to the same Chrome OS desktop folder.